Beacon GP CARE offers highly specialised support for general practice, including HR, Buying and Stock Management, Audits, Financial Management and Training.
Beacon GP CARE can provide effective, expert support with:
- Advertising for and recruiting staff
- Writing job descriptions
- Conducting job interviews
- Pre-employment procedures on staff, including DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks
- Drawing-up of employee contracts
- Compiling and maintaining an employee handbook
- General HR advice
- Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment (TUPE) regulations
Why Beacon GP CARE?
We have a wealth of experience in choosing the right candidates and managing the recruitment process. Since we collaborate with so many other providers, we can also source temporary support from other organisations until we permanently fill your vacancy. At the heart of our HR ethos is a commitment to Training (link).
Buying and Stock Management
Beacon GP CARE can manage your procurement, ensuring you stay within budget and even save money by negotiating discounted prices with trusted suppliers. We can also manage outgoings and rationalise all those invoices you receive into one payment, freeing-up your valuable time. Our experience tells us that by signing-up to joint buying with Beacon GP CARE, you can not only save money but also enjoy better stock control and availability of consumables.
We will take care of your buying and stock management needs, by:
- Purchasing consumables such as gloves, paper, toner and stationery at best price from trusted sources
- Reducing postage expenditure. All you need to do is upload your letters and we will print, pack, stamp and ensure they are delivered – saving you time
- Safely purchase emergency drugs and other injections including B12 and Depo-Provera
- Make sure you are stocked with sufficient vaccinations, including travel inoculations
Why Beacon GP CARE?
Our contacts mean that we can negotiate discounted prices on everything from stationery to vaccinations, ensuring you get items at cost price. You can also be sure that we treat correspondence with confidentiality. Above all, we aim to save you money and free up your time for your patients.
Beacon GP CARE employs an expert clinical pharmacist who can review your prescribing data, prevalence, Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) and then design a yearly audit plan relevant to your practice. We will not only plan audits but also undertake them, discuss their findings and implementing any changes they identify.
Your Beacon GP CARE audit will automatically include:
- An infection control audit
- A health and safety audit
- An appointment audit
- A DNA audit
- Fire drill inspection
Why Beacon GP CARE?
Our audit management support will improve care at your practice ensuring patient safety. It will also leave you more time with your patients.
Beacon GP CARE can reduce the time you spend on invoices and ensure your staff are paid on time, by:
- Providing full financial management of your accounts
- Managing your payroll
- Paying invoices on time
- Dealing with any financial enquiries
- Compiling full monthly and even annual accounts
Beacon GP CARE can help you keep up-to-date with your staff training needs and ensure employees are properly skilled to do the job. We can also assist you with appraisals and other performance reviews. Like you, Beacon GP CARE believes passionately in staff development and have a track record of training people from apprentices to practice managers. We will:
- Ensure your staff are up-to-date with training
- Arrange training jointly with other member organisations to reduce cost
- Train members of staff to become Health Care Assistants (HCA), if required
- Provide injections training for HCAs
- Organise prescribing training for nurses and,
- Minor ailment training for nurses
- Triage training for nurses and pharmacists
- GPs practical training for minor surgery and joint injections